Google has an opening for Developer Relations Program Manager
See the information below,
The area: Engineering
Simply put, Google engineers make computers do amazing things. Populated by extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented people, our Engineering team gets excited by developing new applications that really make a difference and are used by millions of people. We’re driven by Google’s mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. If you seek to tackle such challenges as building a highly scalable computing infrastructure, novel storage systems, innovative user experiences or the next big application that will change the world, then this might be a perfect fit for you.
The role: Developer Relations Program Manager
As a Program Manager in Developer Relations, you will be responsible for making developers in the region successful by building applications and businesses on Google’s developer products and APIs. You have a strong software engineering background and are an active participant in local technical/developer communities. You will coordinate and execute both online and offline outreach and support programs in the region. This could include responsibility for large-scale Google developer events such as Google Developer Days or DevFests (i.e. large budget, high attendance, high visibility), as well as having responsibility for content on code.google.com and regional developer blogs. To achieve your goals, you will work with cross-functional Google product teams, local volunteers, and external vendors. Additionally, you will manage relationships with, and foster creation of, local developer communities, both formal (Google Technology User Groups) and informal (discussion boards, casual meet-ups, non-affiliated user groups). You will meet with local developers and businesses, promoting Google technologies to them. The Developer Relations Program Manager helps bring awareness to Google’s mission, open web technologies and our developer products within the developer community.
- Plan and run regional outreach and support programs, including large-scale public events
- Meet with external developers, businesses and technical executives to advocate their adoption of our developer products, explaining business and technical value propositions
- Own regional developer blogs and ensure publication of frequent, high-quality content
- Lead cross-functional project teams and act as the liaison between other global Developer Relations, Engineering, and Product teams
- Build and manage relationships with local developer community, industry influencers and bloggers
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with conference presentation or other technical public speaking
- Experience as an active participant in technical/developer communities
- Experience in a technical role in internet and/or mobile industries
- Strong project and program management skills as well as excellent communication skills
Check the link for more information.